Friday, April 12, 2013

Kindergarden screening


So today was kindergarden screening day. So I took the day off to be able to take Jake and spend some time with him this afternoon before I took him to South Carolina this afternoon to spend the weekend with my in-laws as I have Healthy Kids Day tomorrow and Josh has practice for football in Charlotte. Josh will pick him up at church on Sunday morning.

So let's just say I am one proud momma. The kindergarden teacher we met with to go over Jake's results said Jake scored really high (36 out of 38) and she said his writing was exceptional for a 4 1/2 year old. She said he is more than ready for kindergarden:)

We have also decided that he will attend YMCA day camp at the Y I work at for 11 weeks of the summer. This will give him the camp experience and I will be right on site if he needs me. We may also bring our neighbor/friend Sydney who is also starting kindergarden this fall for a week or two.

Looking forward to go to the beach two weeks from Tuesday!

No comments: