Saturday, February 11, 2012

Working Mom, Crazy Busy Life

I am for the first time linking up with Kelly's Korner - Show Us Your Life -Working Moms.

For those that our reading our blog for the first time I am a working mother of a 3 and half year old, named Jake and a wonderful husband Josh.



  I work as a Membership Director at a YMCA and commute almost an hour each way each day. My husband is over the Nike Account at Appalachian State University along with being the football equipment manager. Our life is BUSY. I am so lucky to work at a flexible job that my son can go take swimming lessons and soccer and I can bring him to work almost whenever I want. Both my husband and I have that luxury. I guess that is why both being working parents with long commutes (his is 40 minutes) works.




But the time constraints is why we are no longer looking to go through the Foster to Adopt program that we had started in January. We had started it with high hopes of adding to our family through going through DSS. Through going through the classes we have discovered that the time and effort that would be needed to be able to do "shared parenting" and taking the child to therapy possibly would not work with our life. We are so thankful to our neighbors and friends (pictured above) Emily and Jimmy. They have supported us in this process and watched Jake while we were in class.

My in-laws were also great about watching Jake for a weekend to help out too.

We are still open to ADOPT. We are going to go the direction of telling everyone and networking and hoping that GOD will lead us to a child when the time is right. So hopefully in the future I will post more about that. Jake goes to Kindergarden next year- I can't beleive it.

I am going to San Antonio this week to see old coworkers (who I haven't seen in 3 years!) and my old Y. I am SO excited. Then its off to the beach in early May for our annual beach trip.

With trips to Nashville for a girls weekend and hopefully a trip to Chicago to visit my grandparents it will be a BUSY year.


Because I don't get much time to update our blog I want to update about Jake. Jake is going through a defiant stage. He has decided to poop in his pants 3 times this week just out of the blue, almost on purpose. He LOVES Spiderman and wears his costume quite often, I bought his Spiderman house slippers just yesterday.

We are also about to welcome another nephew, Daylen!

These are Jake with his cousins so far.....Thea, TJ and Peyton.

Hopefully in the future we can add to the group!

Thanks for reading!