Monday, February 13, 2012

The 411

So after not having enough time to blog I have suddenly been into linking up with other blogs. So today after seeing it posted in my friend Lynsey's blog I decided to link up with A Complete Waste of Makeup and give you the 411 on our blog.

1. Tell Us Why You Blog

To keep track of our lives. For the life of me as much as I love how cute scrapbooks are I can't find the time or energy to make one so this is a great way to remember milestones as Jake gets older.




2. Tell Us About Your Blog

I originally started to blog just weeks after my son Jake (who is now 3 1/2) was born. My husband works with a college football team and we were currently living in Texas when Jake was born so I wanted to keep friends and family up to date with pictures of Jake. Now its full of memories and so neat to look back at and reminisce as Jake grows up WAY too fast. I hope to use it in the future to tell friends, family and strangers about our path through Adoption.




3. Tell Us About You

I am a mother of one cute little boy, Jake. I currently work as a Member Engagement Director at a YMCA in Marion,NC. I have a batchelor's In Health Promotion and Education from the University of Georgia and a Master's of Healthcare Administration from UNCCharlotte. I met my husband while in Charlotte for grad school.

I have lived in 6 different states (Born in Chicago, then moved to GA, then off to Pittsburgh after undergrad, then Charlotte, NC for Grad School then Troy, AL after marriage and then Austin, TX for my husband's job and now finally have made my way back to Lenoir, NC (near App State). I currently commute almost an hour each way to work but really enjoy what I do as does my husband.

I love my college sorority friends (Alpha Gamma Delta:)) and a wonderful family and go back to Atlanta to visit fairly often. I love to coupon too. I am trying to get the hang of sewing.....its a work in progress:)





4. Tell Us About Your Job

See # 3 I enjoy working for the Y, only wish the commute wasn't as long. But know doubt I love having a job I can take my child to work at and learn about to swim and play soccer.

5. Tell Us About Your City

We live in a small town, Lenoir, NC. I am a city girl at heart and love getting back to the

larger suburbs when I can......

6. Tell Us about your favorite hobbies, activities and things to do

This might be a repeat but I love to coupon and find deals. I love to go to the local greenway near our house and run, walk and let Jake ride his bike. I like to blog and I am starting to learn how to sew:)
I LOVE the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Pitt Panthers and the Georgia Bulldogs!

I love football and think it was meant to be that I married someone who works for a football team.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I love the city too! Since I've moved I'm become a little bit of a country girl but I'll always be a city girl at heart!

Lynsey said...

So glad you decided to link up!