Saturday, August 11, 2012

Jake's Check up and Salsa making

Jake had his 4 year old check up this past Wednesday.
At 4 year's old he is 38 pounds (67%)
41 inches (64%)
So just above the middle of the road. I expect he will be like Josh and be 5'8 or so and lean, but he has my personality:) haha.

I have shared this on facebook but I am recording it on here for memories. This what Jake said to the doctor this week:

Jake at his 4 year old check up today. "doc, I think I know what the problem is". "
doc says, "ok".
Jake" i think my heart hurts. "
Doc" why is that?"
Jake" I think it's because I eat boogers"
Doc "yes, you should probley stop doing that."

He has very good vocabulary and suprises me and how adult he can be sometimes.

He got 4 shots which he DID NOT like (but who does?) and hobbles around for the next day saying it hurt because they did them in his thighes.


We have SO many tomatoes that I am running out of ideas as to how to use them. So I told Josh I wanted a blender for making salsa (suprised we never registered for one when we got married over 6 years ago but that is besides the point). So Josh came home with one this week as my early birthday present.

My neighbor Leah traded some cilantro for some of my tomatoes and green onions so I will able to try to set out and make some this morning with Jakes help.

I loved how easy it was to blanche the tomatoes.







  Ingredients:

3 cans of rotel (great value brand)

4 fresh tomatoes cut up

minced garlic

onion

cilantro

lime (left over from what I ordered at dinner last night along with some red onion that Josh didn't want on his hamburger lol)





This is Jake reading the directions to the blender.



At first I thought the salsa looked a little soupy but after tasting it I think it was a success!

I went ahead and fixed up 6 more tomatoes and a green pepper (that was pretty much turned to a red pepper) and put them in Ziploc vaccum frezzer bags which I had in my storage cabinet.

I am very excited that it was so easy to make and have already consumed half of the above container, luckily it made enough for entire larger container (not pictured).

Coming Up......our trip to Chicago this week to see family.....yay!

No comments: